PDA

View Full Version : If You Turn Aside from Where You Ought to Go, Will You Miss the First Rapture?

Finestwheat
02-21-2011, 03:09 PM
And he would have passed by them. Mark 6.48.

In verse 48 something very special is mentioned. It states that as He was walking on the water, the Lord "would have passed by them"! Many people are surprised when they read this: it seems as if the Lord is not going to the disciples. But actually there is no problem here. For since the Lord orders His disciples to go to the other side—to Bethsaida—then to Bethsaida will He naturally go upon coming down from the mountain. The Lord will not go somewhere else to wait for them. He seeks them in the very way which He has commanded the disciples to travel. Now if they had turned aside, the Lord would not have met them nor turned aside to wait for them. How serious this is.

I sometimes wonder if the Lord were to order me to be in Shanghai but I were to go instead to Nanking, whether I would be raptured when the Lord comes? For rapture takes place in the way of the Lord’s appointment. And will I not miss the rapture if I am not there? Each one of us is responsible for where he is.