PDA

View Full Version : Calvinism is a Delusional State of Mind

Parture
11-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Re: http://www.youtube.com/user/macolyis

When someone is dead in their sins.. dead in trespasses ..it means they are seeking only their own evil lusts.. not seeking God.. they are fully set on evil with their whole intent of heart.. and in perfect harmony with Satan! That is what walking according to the course of this world means .. that is what walking according to the prince of power in the air means.. it means being in PERFECT accord and harmony with Satan, in every intent and purpose! It means being WHOLLY depraved and completely evil! The carnal mind is naturally at ENMITY with God ... not subject to His law.. and CANNOT be otherwise!

So the point is, one in that state CANNOT get out of that state on his own.. the only way a God hating carnal man can come to love the very God he HATES with every fiber of his being.. is if GOD quickens and regenerates him .. meaning he will have a new heart ..that has a new relationship with sin .. and can be truly sorry for what he has done .. and have a DESIRE and ZEAL to go to Christ to get clean and live righteously! God HAS to GIVE this desire and quickening and new heart, before ANYTHING can happen!.. Someone who is DEAD, cannot respond to stimuli .. cannot respond to the Gospel.. cannot believe!

The reason salvation is by election .. is because if God did not "impose salvation" as you say.. not one evil person would choose to accept Christ.. because all men are evil.. and naturally hate God .. The reason God does this, is because GOD WANTS A PEOPLE FOR HIMSELF and a REWARD for His Son! He saves some by ELECTION for HIMSELF.. it is NOT ..NOT for us!
Dead in sins does not mean Totally depraved. It means lost communication with God. It means man is fallen and fleshly, separated from God. So that is your first mistaken assumption. God has not given you a new heart, regenerating you, to know you are the elect because you admit you refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated, therefore, surely you will go to Hell. You're in a state of cultic delusion misreading God's word trying to understand it soulically by your own strength rather than spiritually.

God has given you sufficient grace to receive what He did for you, that is why He pleads with you and implores you to believe in Him. How sadistic that would be if you could not accept the cross while God pleads with you and implores you to take of the water of life freely: "If ye offer a sacrifice...unto the LORD, ye shall offer it at your own will" (Lev. 19.5 (http://biblia.com/bible/asv/Lev.%2019.5)). "Whosoever is of a willing heart" (Ex. 35.5 (http://biblia.com/bible/asv/Ex.%2035.5)).

You're like Hitler, like Satan, who claims the Jews were created for the gas chambers and the Aryan race was born for salvation irresistibly. You're a bad guy! Bad to the bone! Without conscience.

Your sin is to take man's fallen nature and the image of God in which he is made and to warp these terms. Man still remains in God's image even though he is fallen. You're at enmity with God, since you refuse to come to the cross as a helpless sinner so that God may regenerate you, give you a new spirit and a new life to be a new creation.

Try to understand your mistaken thinking. Man is not totally depraved if God provides sufficient grace to have the free choice. Nor does it make sense that man has to be irresistibly regenerated, for that would be evil, because to preterition people, passing them over, giving them no opportunity for salvation is Satanic. God simply would not operate this way. If it is evil for us to behave that way, how can God's standards be below our own? He created us. The Creator is always greater than the created in His image. The Bible warns us about false Christs such as the one you worship. Nothing in the Bible agrees with you on this matter, for you always insert into the text that which is not explicitly stated.

When the Bible talks about man's utter corruptness still by the sufficient grace of God He has given you at least the ability to come to the cross. This is at least one thing you can do by your own free will.

Man is not dead in the physical sense unable to respond to the gospel. Rather, man is dead in the spiritual sense -- lost communication with God. But do not fret for God has supplied you with more than enough grace to receive the cross and need not have to engage in "will worship" (Col. 2.23), that is, assuming you were irresistibly selected. What pride and delusion! Arrogance and obnoxiousness. This is you.

Christians believe in election, so when you use the word election, understand how you are misusing it. Election is not irresistibly imposing salvation, but it is by God foreknowing our free choice which gives glory to God that He can do this and your god cannot. God is relational and personal and expects a genuine personal response so that God would then regenerate you. We are not robots. Get over it. You may not like the way God does things, but He does them anyway. He has given you the free will despite your evil proclivities, even insanity to deny free will, for His grace is sufficient for us all. Praise the Lord!

"I have willingly offered all these things" (v.17); "willingly offered himself unto the LORD" (2 Chron. 17.16 (http://biblia.com/bible/asv/2%20Chron.%2017.16)). Abel gave a free will offering and so was saved. Abel was totally able though depraved not totally depraved.

Like all cults they take some truth and twist it into a lie. That's what you have done with all 5 false points of Calvinism. Rather, God predestinates by foreknowing our free choice: a conditional election, unlimited atonement, resistible grace, for preservation of the saints (OSAS). My prayer is one day you give your life to Christ. I would not wish upon my worse enemy where you are going.

macolyis
11-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Dead in trespasses means completely and totally spiritually DEAD.. a carnal mind CANNOT be any other way than at ENMITY with God!

Romans 8:6-8

"For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is
life and peace. Because the carnal mind is ENMITY against God; for
it is NOT SUBJECT to the law of God, nor indeed CAN BE. So then, those
who are in the flesh CANNOT please God."

What does Enmity mean? It means HATRED.. the carnal mind HATES GOD!

Ephesians 2:2-5

"in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves"

Who is the prince of power in the air? SATAN! Paul is saying that he and all the elect once conducted themselves "in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were BY NATURE children of wrath, just as the others."

He is saying that true Christians ALL walked according to the prince of power in the air.. what does according mean? It means IN ACCORDANCE.. it means in PERFECT harmony in every intent and purpose WITH THE DEVIL!

"But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were DEAD in trespasses, MADE US ALIVE together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), ""

Did Paul and other believers wake themselves up from the dead? Did they have an ah hah moment .. or an epiphany and make a choice to CHOOSE Christ .. while they were in perfect accord and harmony with the prince of power in the air (Satan) and living only for fleshly lusts?

NO! God woke Paul from the dead! Paul when he was called, was walking in perfect accordance with the devil .. Saul and Satan were of ONE HEART,, ONE PURPOSE and were in COMPLETE AGREEMENT .. Paul was on his way to DO THE WORK of SATAN with zeal and passion (kill Christians).. he had no self generated epiphany .. no ah ha moment .. no self generated twinge of conscience.. He was brought to His KNEES by a DIRECT personal encounter with JESUS CHRIST.. made a NEW CREATION and made NEW choices based on the NEW CREATURE God made him!

You just do not think men are very evil.. or the world is very evil.. you do not think the world is wholly given over to idolatry and devil worship... you don't think Satan has deceived pretty much EVERYONE except a VERY FEW..as the word of God clearly says he has! You do not know what a heinous evil creature you really are.. you cannot see it .. because your own depraved mind is preventing you from seeing it.. for you to see it .. you would need to be WOKE FROM THE DEAD.. and that is NOT something you can do.. ONLY God can raise the dead!

"You're like Hitler, like Satan, who claims the Jews were created for the gas chambers and the Aryan race was born for salvation irresistibly."

Is God like Hitler too...because He clearly teaches some were MADE as objects of WRATH .. and some as OBJECTS OF MERCY!

Romans 9:18-25

"Therefore He has mercy on whom HE WILLS, and whom HE WILLS He hardens.

Notice .. it does not say God waits to see who is the most moral .. or who has an ah ha moment .. He has mercy on whom HE WILLS to have mercy!

"You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"

Same question you are asking .. the word of God answers!

"But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God?"

That is your answer.. SHUT UP YOU SPECK OF DUST.. WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION GOD?

"Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have YOU made me like this?" Does not the POTTER have POWER over the clay, from the same lump to MAKE one vessel for HONOR and another for dishonor?"

Who MADE the vessels of honor for honor .. and the vessels of dishonor for dishonor?.. THE POTTER>> NOT THEM!

"What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath PREPARED FOR DESTRUCTION, and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had PREPARED BEFOREHAND FOR GLORY, even us whom He CALLED, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?"

Notice.. those who were prepared BEFOREHAND for glory He called.. while He endures with LONGSUFFERING the vessels of WRATH which He MADE and PREPARED for DESTRUCTION!

DID YOU MAKE A CHOICE and have an epiphany to go to Christ FIRST.. did you CHOOSE HIM FIRST?

"You DID NOT choose Me, but I CHOSE YOU and APPOINTED YOU that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."
John 15:16

YOU say you chose Christ.. Christ says YOU DID NOT CHOOSE HIM .. Whom should we believe.. a lying blasphemous God hating HERETIC such as you . .or JESUS CHRIST?

macolyis
11-12-2013, 05:10 AM
Dead in trespasses means completely and totally spiritually DEAD.. a carnal mind CANNOT be any other way than at ENMITY with God!

"For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is ENMITY against God; for it is NOT SUBJECT to the law of God, nor indeed CAN BE. So then, those who are in the flesh CANNOT please God." Romans 8:7

What does Enmity mean? It means HATRED.. the carnal mind HATES GOD!

"in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves" Ephesians 2:2

Who is the prince of power in the air? SATAN! Paul is saying that he and all the elect once conducted themselves "in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were BY NATURE children of wrath, just as the others." Ephesians 2:3

He is saying that true Christians ALL walked according to the prince of power in the air.. What does according mean? It means IN ACCORDANCE.. it means in PERFECT harmony in every intent and purpose WITH THE DEVIL!

"But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were DEAD in trespasses, MADE US ALIVE together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), " Ephesians 2:4

Did Paul and other believers wake themselves up from the dead? Did they have an ah hah moment .. or an epiphany and make a choice to CHOOSE Christ .. while they were in perfect accord and harmony with the prince of power in the air (Satan) and living only for fleshly lusts?

NO! God woke Paul from the dead! Paul when he was called, was walking in perfect accordance with the devil .. Saul and Satan were of ONE HEART,, ONE PURPOSE and were in COMPLETE AGREEMENT .. Paul was on his way to DO THE WORK of SATAN with zeal and passion (kill Christians).. he had no self generated epiphany .. no ah ha moment .. no self generated twinge of conscience.. He was brought to His KNEES by a DIRECT personal encounter with JESUS CHRIST.. made a NEW CREATION and made NEW choices based on the NEW CREATURE God made him!

You just do not think men are very evil.. or the world is very evil.. you do not think the world is wholly given over to idolatry and devil worship... you don't think Satan has deceived pretty much EVERYONE except a VERY FEW..as the word of God clearly says he has! You do not know what a heinous evil creature you really are.. you cannot see it .. because your own depraved mind is preventing you from seeing it.. for you to see it .. you would need to be WOKE FROM THE DEAD.. and that is NOT something you can do.. ONLY God can raise the dead!

"You're like Hitler, like Satan, who claims the Jews were created for the gas chambers and the Aryan race was born for salvation irresistibly."

Is God like Hitler too...because He clearly teaches some were MADE as objects of WRATH .. and some as OBJECTS OF MERCY!

Romans 9:18-24

"Therefore He has mercy on whom HE WILLS, and whom HE WILLS He hardens." Romans 9:18

Notice .. it does not say God waits to see who is the most moral .. or who has an ah ha moment .. He has mercy on whom HE WILLS to have mercy!

"You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?" Romans 9:19

Same question you are asking .. the word of God answers!

"But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God?" Romans 9:20

That is your answer.. SHUT UP YOU SPECK OF DUST.. WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION GOD?

"Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have YOU made me like this?" Does not the POTTER have POWER over the clay, from the same lump to MAKE one vessel for HONOR and another for dishonor?" Romans 9:20-21

Who MADE the vessels of honor for honor .. and the vessels of dishonor for dishonor?.. THE POTTER>> NOT THEM!

"What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath PREPARED FOR DESTRUCTION, and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had PREPARED BEFOREHAND FOR GLORY, even us whom He CALLED, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?" Romans 9:22-24

Notice.. those who were prepared BEFOREHAND for glory He called.. while He endures with LONGSUFFERING the vessels of WRATH which He MADE and PREPARED for DESTRUCTION!

DID YOU MAKE A CHOICE and have an epiphany to go to Christ FIRST.. did you CHOOSE HIM FIRST?

"You DID NOT choose Me, but I CHOSE YOU and APPOINTED YOU that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you." John 15:16

YOU say you chose Christ.. Christ says YOU DID NOT CHOOSE HIM .. Whom should
we believe.. a lying blasphemous God hating HERETIC such as you . .or JESUS CHRIST?

(note to moderator.. .. Parture invited me to this forum .. I did not know about your system quote requirement.. I apologize for not using it.. I reposted my reply to him twice and the earlier one has only normal quotes for his comment.. I tried to edit it and could not.. so reposted .. using the system quotes)

Parture
11-12-2013, 07:52 PM

Romans 8:6-8

"For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is
life and peace. Because the carnal mind is ENMITY against God; for
it is NOT SUBJECT to the law of God, nor indeed CAN BE. So then, those
who are in the flesh CANNOT please God."
Spiritually dead and having a carnal mind and enmity with God does not necessitate total depravity. What it does say is man's spirit is dead to God, that is, lost communication of spirit with Spirit. You still have the grace of God given to you to have the free choice.

Jesus said, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not. That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am who I say I am, you will die in your sins" (John 8.23 (http://biblia.com/bible/asv/John%208.23),24 (http://biblia.com/bible/asv/John%208.24)).

It wouldn't make much sense for God to plead with you and implore you to believe in Him if you couldn't respond. How psychotic that would be to think Jesus is saying this when you can't respond unless He irresistibly makes you and not others.

This proves you are not a Christian and probably never will be as you are lock, stock and barrel in your mistaken assumptions. The Bible says there are some we are not to pray for. I believe by the Holy Spirit that I am not to pray for you as it would be entirely wasteful considering your closed heart is worse than most atheists even.

But let this be an exercise to help other Calvinists repent and come to Christ or to protect and help others from considering Calvinism. Amen.

macolyis
11-12-2013, 11:11 PM
You still have the grace of God given to you to have the free choice.  

YOU do have the grace of God to make a free choice.. but the problem is .. men will make choices based on the kind of heart they have! Choices are FRUIT.. GOOD trees bear GOOD FRUIT .. evil trees bear EVIL fruit! Men with evil depraved hearts, will make evil depraved choices! The reason men cannot go to Christ .. is because they will not go.. because they hate Him with every fiber of their being!

Jesus said, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not. That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am who I say I am, you will die in your sins" (John 8.23 (http://biblia.com/bible/asv/John%208.23),24 (http://biblia.com/bible/asv/John%208.24)).

For one, Jesus is addressing the people collectively ..and saying unless they believe in Him they will perish.. some of those people may be elect, who WILL believe! He also is not saying they CAN believe.. He is telling them what will happen if they do not believe.. He did not say belief was actually possible!

It wouldn't make much sense for God to plead with you and implore you to believe in Him if you couldn't respond. How psychotic that would be to think Jesus is saying this when you can't respond unless He irresistibly makes you and not others. "

You are using your own human REASONING to come to the conclusion that God pleading with a person to do something .. while He Himself HARDENS that person NOT TO DO what He is asking.. is foolishness, or in your words "psychotic"; so therefore .. you claim IT CANNOT be true.. for no other reason than; WHAT YOU THINK! God does just this though .. He did it with Pharaoh!

Do you think it would make much sense for God to plead with Pharaoh if he couldn't respond; and to send Moses to implore him to let the people of Israel go, while God Himself was AT THE SAME TIME hardening the Pharaoh's heart, so he WOULD NOT do what Moses was pleading with him to do? OF course you do not think it would make any sense .. because you are CARNAL, and the things of the SPIRIT are just FOOLISHNESS to those who are PERISHING.. you CANNOT receive them or know them! BUT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT GOD DID!

"And you shall say to him, ‘The Lord
God of the Hebrews has sent me to you, saying, “Let My
people go, that they may serve Me in the wilderness”; but indeed,
until now you would not hear!" EXODUS 7:16

"And the Lord said to Moses, “When you
go back to Egypt, see that you do all those wonders before Pharaoh
I have put in your hand. But I WILL HARDEN HIS HEART, so that he WILL NOT
let the people go." EXODUS 4:21

Why would God do such a thing?

"For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My
power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” Therefore He has mercy on
whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens." Romans 9:17-18

He did it, so He could show His power in destroying the Pharaoh! The Pharaoh was a vessel of WRATH made for DESTRUCTION! That is what scripture clearly says.. but you will not accept it, because you hate the true God and love an IDOL whom you CALL Jesus, whom you have CRAFTED in your own vain wicked imagination, to be as YOU want him to be!

This proves you are not a Christian and probably never will be as you are lock, stock and barrel in your mistaken assumptions.

Your hatred and rejection for the clear teachings of scripture proves YOU are not a Christian and probably never will be . and lock, stock and barrel you are greatly MISTAKEN in your assumptions.. and I have scripture to back me up.. you usually quote your FEELINGS.. and string words together that SOUND good .. but are NOT FROM THE WORD OF GOD.. they are YOUR WORDS.. I am NOT interested in Parture 13:6-66!

I believe by the Holy Spirit that I am not to pray for you as it would be entirely wasteful considering your closed heart is worse than most atheists even.

You do not have the Holy Spirit, because you hate what the word of God really says .. and you refuse to even attempt to explain MOST of the very clear scriptures I have posted.. you just keep quoting YOURSELF, as though your words have some authority!

But let this be an exercise to help other Calvinists repent and come to Christ or to protect and help others from considering Calvinism.

I pray this will be an exercise to show your teachings do not hold up in the least, when the LIGHT of the TRUTH shines upon them! Perhaps when all your false arguments fail .. you can resort to contacting a moderator to just ban me! I thank you for hating me for telling you the TRUTH!

"Blessed are you when men hate you, And when they exclude you, And revile you, and cast out your name as evil, For the Son of Man’s sake. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For indeed your reward is great in heaven, For in like manner their fathers did to the prophets. " Luke 6:21-23

Parture
11-13-2013, 11:29 AM
YOU do have the grace of God to make a free choice.. but the problem is .. men will make choices based on the kind of heart they have! Choices are FRUIT.. GOOD trees bear GOOD FRUIT .. evil trees bear EVIL fruit! Men with evil depraved hearts, will make evil depraved choices! The reason men cannot go to Christ .. is because they will not go.. because they hate Him with every fiber of their being!
It's not free choice to actually receive the cross if you are totally depraved since that choice is not available. The kind of heart man has though depraved God has given sufficient grace to have the free choice to receive the cross. That's why God pleads with you and implores you to believe in Him; otherwise, it wouldn't make much sense and God would just be a sadistic bastard like your god. As we review verses together you will see each and every time where you insert into the text that which is not explicitly stated all the while shutting your mind down for Satan to those verses where God pleads with you and implores you to believe in Him. I know that you have never been born-again, but there is still time until you leave your body of flesh and blood.

macolyis
11-13-2013, 01:43 PM
That's why God pleads with you and implores you to believe in Him; otherwise, it wouldn't make much sense .

We have already covered this .. and I have shown you what the text very clearly and plainly says.. God sent Moses to plead with Pharaoh to LET HIS PEOPLE GO, while at the same time HARDENING the Pharaohs heart so Pharoah would NOT do what God was pleading with him (through Moses) to do! Even though God sent Moses to WARN Pharaoh and implore of him to LET HIS PEOPLE GO.. it was NOT the WILL OF GOD for Pharaoh to actually do so.. and Pharoah COULD NOT resist the will of God! Why does God still find fault then? Because God MADE Pharaoh a vessel of WRATH and WANTED to show His power by DESTROYING the Pharaoh! Even though Moses was pleading with Pharaoh .. God was NOT trying to get the Pharaoh to repent!

YOU are the one who is shutting your mind down for Satan.. you REFUSE to accept what those passages say.. even though they are so clear! You are blaspheming the TRUE God. You have crafted a false jesus after your own imagination, that is DISCONNECTED with the God clearly described in scripture.. and that jesus is not the true Jesus .. he is an IDOL who cannot save you.. You have a false jesus .. and false faith in a false jesus, DOES NOT SAVE!

Why did Jesus speak to the people in PARABLES? To make His meaning crystal clear, because He was TRYING to get them to repent and believe?

READ HIS ANSWER!
Matthew 13:13-16 "Therefore I speak to them in parables,
because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they
understand. And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not
understand, And seeing you will see and not perceive;
For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with
their hearts and turn,So that I should heal them.’[

But blessed are YOUR eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;"

He spoke to them in parables so they would NOT understand, LEST they TURN and He should HEAL them! Jesus is ONLY interested in saving His ELECT!

Parture
11-13-2013, 02:44 PM
We have already covered this .. and I have shown you what the text very clearly and plainly says.. God sent Moses to plead with Pharaoh to LET HIS PEOPLE GO, while at the same time HARDENING the Pharaohs heart so Pharoah would NOT do what God was pleading with him (through Moses) to do!
You're confused. The first active instance of the heart of Pharaoh being hardened was him hardening his own heart first. Piper said this too though contradicting himself of course.

You're always wrong, always inserting into the text that which is not clearly stated indicating to Christians what is driving you is the evil spirit in your spirit like Hitler who also claimed he was irresistibly selected from birth. That is neither genuine nor loving. You're going to Hell because it doesn't look like you will ever give your life to Christ. You prefer "will worship" (Col. 2.23) on a pedestal claiming you were irresistibly selected and not preteritioned. Funny. Pathetic.

macolyis
11-13-2013, 03:19 PM
You're confused. The first active instance of the heart of Pharaoh being hardened was him hardening his own heart first. Piper said this too though contradicting himself of course. .

I do not follow Piper, but the WORD OF GOD! He is right though ..but ..what you need to understand .. is .. men naturally have hearts of stone... so the way God hardens hearts, is He just withdraws the common grace of God and GIVES men over to their own depraved nature.. God hardens their hearts, by not softening their hearts! In other words, men are evil and when they do good, it is because GOD softened their hearts! Thus men can ONLY go to Christ if GOD softens their hearts!

There are MANY passages that say GOD hardened his heart ..

Exodus 9:12 (http://biblocality.com/passage/?search=Exodus+9:12&version=NKJV)
"But the LORD hardened the heart
of Pharaoh; and he did not heed them, just as the Lord had spoken to Moses."

Exodus 10:20 (http://biblocality.com/passage/?search=Exodus+10:20&version=NKJV)
"But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s
heart, and he did not let the children of Israel go."

Exodus 10:1 (http://biblocality.com/passage/?search=Exodus+10:1&version=NKJV)
" Now the Lord said to Moses, “Go in to Pharaoh; for I HAVE
hardened his heart and the hearts of his servants, that I
may show these signs of Mine before him,"

Exodus 10:27 (http://biblocality.com/passage/?search=Exodus+10:27&version=NKJV)
"But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s
heart, and he would not let them go."

Exodus 11:10 (http://biblocality.com/passage/?search=Exodus+11:10&version=NKJV)
"So Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh; and the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he did
not let the children of Israel go out of his land."

Exodus 14:8 (http://biblocality.com/passage/?search=Exodus+14:8&version=NKJV)
"And the Lord hardened the heart
of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued the children of Israel; and the
children of Israel went out with boldness."

What do you do with these passages .. blot them out with a magic marker?

How about a NEW TESTAMENT interpretation from PAUL?

Romans 9:17-20
"For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My
power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” Therefore He has mercy on
whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens. You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His
will?” But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me
like this?”

I am not sure how he could be more clear.. Was Paul driven by an evil spirit like Hitler? Was Paul unloving and always inserting into the text that which is not clearly stated? Paul clearly is interpreting what happened with the Pharaoh ... as God hardening his heart so he will not repent.. having mercy on whom HE WILLS and HARDENING whom HE wills .. there is just NO OTHER HONEST WAY TO INTERPRET IT.. I am READING WHAT IT SAYS,,.. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KEEPS INSERTING YOUR WORDS INTO THE TEXT! Funny. Pathetic! You HATE the true God and His word with every fiber of your being and you would blaspheme till your last BREATH before you would accept the true Jesus.. It is EASY to accept a jesus you MADE to be the way YOU want him to be .. that is why men MAKE idols.. they can CRAFT a god that appeals to their carnal sensibilities.. but one can ONLY accept the TRUE Jesus, if He CHOOSES you FIRST!

Parture
11-13-2013, 06:00 PM
I do not follow Piper, but the WORD OF GOD! He is right though ..but ..what you need to understand .. is .. men naturally have hearts of stone... so the way God hardens hearts, is He just withdraws the common grace of God and GIVES men over to their own depraved nature.. God hardens their hearts, by not softening their hearts! In other words, men are evil and when they do good, it is because GOD softened their hearts! Thus men can ONLY go to Christ if GOD softens their hearts!
Since the first active instance was the Pharaoh hardening his own heart first then it is on him, his responsibility. God doesn't withdraw His common grace to all men which is why Romans 1.20 says none of us are "without excuse." God can harden or soften, but it is always sufficient to have the free choice. This is what your god can't do since it is insufficient to irresistibly impose salvation and preterition. Plus, you are doubletongued, because you admit Piper is right who puts it on the Pharaoh's responsibility then you deny free will. What you need to understand is that though men are depraved, God is so great (not your god) He draws everyone providing sufficient grace to us all whether special grace through the gospel or common grace afforded to all men so they are without excuse. You're not a Christian. You have never been one. You are in the cult of Calvinism. God is hardening your heart. Perhaps you will get cancer or some illness which will bring you to the brink and only then might you search God out with all your heart and soul to find Him. I pray you do whatever measures God uses to try to convince you including these forums.

macolyis
11-22-2013, 12:49 PM
"Since the first active instance was the Pharaoh hardening his own heart first then it is on him"

Pharaoh as with all men had a heart perpetually hardened .. so all God needed to do was withdraw softening his heart and give him over to his own depravity! God does not tempt men to sin.. God just withdraws His grace .. and gives men over to their own evil nature to harden their hearts.. Pharaoh hardening his heart and God hardening the Pharaohs heart amounts to the same thing .. as to harden a heart .. God just lets men be men! The point is though, if God had CHOSEN to SOFTEN Pharaohs heart and BRING him to repentance.. He could have done it in an instant, but that was NOT His will! God was NOT trying and failing to bring Pharaoh to repentance! I am not being "doubletongued" all sin is the sinners responsibility .. so Piper WAS right.. God did not FORCE the Pharaoh to sin.. He just GAVE Pharaoh OVER to his evil nature ..KNOWING exacty what decision Pharaoh on his own would make.. and knowing the decision he would make was INESCAPABLE.. yet the Pharaoh was still making the decision of his own free will!

"He draws everyone providing sufficient grace to us all whether special grace through the gospel or common grace afforded to all men so they are without excuse."

These are YOUR words.. there is no scripture in the Bible that says this .. and Jesus says;

John 15:16
"You DID NOT CHOOSE ME, but I CHOSE YOU and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, ".

Can you please explain Jesus clearly saying "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME" .. when you are emphatic .. claiming He gives all sufficient grace to come to Him all on their own and those who do... CHOSE HIM.. Please please .. please.. just make an attempt to explain that verse.. heretic!

Parture
11-22-2013, 04:50 PM
A hardened heart does not mean total depravity. Don't assume. Have some humility. However much grace God gives it is always sufficient to have the free choice. That's why the Bible can say you are "without excuse." You would have an excuse if you didn't have sufficient grace to have the free choice. The Pharaoh, for example, even after 10 plagues still refused to repent, just as Calvinists refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. You just choose to express your hostility to God of the Bible in a different way than Pharaoh did, but you are both independent and disobedient to His redemptive design.

You said the "Pharaoh hardening his heart and God hardening the Pharaoh's heart amount to the same thing." Man is not God. Man's hardening is not God's hardening. Man is not a robot. God will harden an already hardened heart or soften according to His good pleasure. Never does God violate man's sovereignty and free will He has given man made in His image. He is relational not a robot maker.

Piper was wrong to contradict himself to claim the first active instance was Pharaoh hardening his own heart first since that conflicts with his Calvinistic view that it is his god that is the first cause of the Pharaoh hardening. The Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8). In God's realm we all have free will that is sufficiently supplied to receive the cross; whereas, in your fantasy land, people were born for Hell or were irresistibly caused and made to accept the cross. This is a demonic teaching of the same principles of Hitler, his treatment of the Jews allegedly born for the gas chambers and irresistibly selected Aryan race.

God did not choose you -- assuming you still continue to refuse to give your life to Christ -- because He could foresee you as a sovereign free willed being He made in His image and supplied with more than ample grace to accept the cross, yet you still refuse to come as a helpless sinner to receive what Jesus did for you to be regenerated. Your excuses given to you in your cult of Calvinism are a just a front for rejecting God and worshiping a false Christ.

Since God pleads with you and implores you to believe in Him, He gives you the choice. How else can He state you are without excuse? Otherwise, all is just a charade and Jesus died for no reason at all, since in your realm people are just irresistibly selected anyway. Sick!

What you fail to understand is how God chooses. You just assume He chooses like a robot maker, but you could not be farther from the truth. God chooses those who accept His only begotten Son. Praise the Lord!

You're a heretic. And don't falsely accuse Christians come "all on their own," for OSAS Arminians believe that without God's grace none could come to Him (it is sufficient for all). What a great God that He can do this and your god can't! You're confused. I doubt you will ever give your life to Christ.

The difference between you and I is that I believe God's grace is sufficient for us all to have the free choice, and you believe salvation has to be irresistibly imposed or denied any opportunity for salvation (preterition). Suffice it to say your god can't do what God of the Bible does, so God trumps your evil god any day. Since you can't find any Scripture to support your view without inserting into the text that which is not explicitly stated, consider yourself delusional and an unregenerate.

Calvinism gives off the aura of zombies.

macolyis
11-26-2013, 08:37 AM
A hardened heart does not mean total depravity. Don't assume. Have some humility. However much grace God gives it is always sufficient to have the free choice. That's why the Bible can say you are "without excuse." You would have an excuse if you didn't have sufficient grace to have the free choice.

These are your OPINIONS and are NOT supported by scripture! There is NO passage anywhere in the Bible that says God gives EVERYONE sufficient grace to go to Christ and be saved! Quite the contrary, scripture teaches the very opposite.. that NO ONE can go to Christ unless the Father draws.. As far as any using the common grace of God to DO GOOD and SEEK God on his/her own ...THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED.. scripture is clear; there are NONE who seek God and NONE who do good .. NO NOT ONE! If you claim you have sought God on YOUR OWN by the common grace of God.. and made a CHOICE while still in your DEPRAVITY to go to Christ .. you CALL GOD A LIAR!

Romans 3:10-12
“There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands; (who has sought God on their own? )There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; (who has done good on their own?) There is none who does good, no, not one.”

"The Pharaoh, for example, even after 10 plagues still refused to repent, just as Calvinists refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. You just choose to express your hostility to God of the Bible in a different way than Pharaoh did, but you are both independent and disobedient to His redemptive design."

The scriptures clearly say God hardened the Pharaoh's heart so he would NOT let the people go... that is NOT what I say .. that is what God says.. God did not say He was trying to get Pharaoh to repent.. but foreknew his free choice not to respond.. God says; “When you go back to Egypt, see that you do all those wonders before Pharaoh which I have put in your hand. But I WILL harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go." Exodus 4:21

"You said the "Pharaoh hardening his heart and God hardening the Pharaoh's heart amount to the same thing." Man is not God. Man's hardening is not God's hardening. Man is not a robot. God will harden an already hardened heart or soften according to His good pleasure. Never does God violate man's sovereignty and free will He has given man made in His image. He is relational not a robot maker."

The problem with your theory; is MOST of the passages that refer to Pharaohs heart being hardened; SPECIFICALLY say that it was God who hardened his heart .. those passages CANNOT contradict with the passages that say Pharaoh hardened his own heart.. God hardening the Pharaohs heart.. and Pharaoh hardening his own heart, MUST BOTH BE TRUE, or else scripture is in CONTRADICTION with itself.. Your solution is to focus on ONE passage that says Pharaoh hardened his own heart; and IGNORE the MANY passages that clearly say it was GOD who hardened his heart .. as though they were not there .. or do not mean what they say.. This is VERY dishonest of you.. you are picking and choosing passages that seem to say what you want them to say and ignoring many clear passages.. that contradict what you want to believe..

"Piper was wrong to contradict himself to claim the first active instance was Pharaoh hardening his own heart first since that conflicts with his Calvinistic view that it is his god that is the first cause of the Pharaoh hardening. The Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8)."

But you forget; it is NOT just Piper or myself that teach BOTH that Pharaoh hardened his own heart AND that God hardened his heart.. IT IS GOD HIMSELF WHO TEACHES THIS! Are you accusing God Himself of being "double tongued"?

Exodus 7:3
"And I WILL harden Pharaoh’s heart, and multiply My signs and
My wonders in the land of Egypt."

I did not say this.. nor did Piper say this .. ALMIGHTY GOD said this.. and you are calling GOD HIMSELF A LIAR and claiming He DOES NOT MEAN what He clearly says!

"In God's realm we all have free will that is sufficiently supplied to receive the cross; whereas, in your fantasy land, people were born for Hell or were irresistibly caused and made to accept the cross. This is a demonic teaching of the same principles of Hitler, his treatment of the Jews allegedly born for the gas chambers and irresistibly selected Aryan race."

These are just your emotional ramblings supported not by scripture, but HOW you feel God should be .. so they are NOT even worth a reply! Paul clearly teaches in Romans 9:21 that the Potter (God) has power over the clay to MAKE some vessels (men) for HONOR and some for DISHONOR.. but you refuse to believe what Paul says .. and insist it is not God who makes us one way or the other, BUT US.. which is in blatant contradiction of the scriptures

"God did not choose you -- assuming you still continue to refuse to give your life to Christ -- because He could foresee you as a sovereign free willed being He made in His image and supplied with more than ample grace to accept the cross, yet you still refuse to come as a helpless sinner to receive what Jesus did for you to be regenerated. Your excuses given to you in your cult of Calvinism are a just a front for rejecting God and worshiping a false Christ. Since God pleads with you and implores you to believe in Him, He gives you the choice. How else can He state you are without excuse? Otherwise, all is just a charade and Jesus died for no reason at all, since in your realm people are just irresistibly selected anyway. Sick! What you fail to understand is how God chooses. You just assume He chooses like a robot maker, but you could not be farther from the truth. God chooses those who accept His only begotten Son. Praise the Lord!"

The problem here is .. these are YOUR words.. and you are just assuming because they sound good they must be true.. BUT.. Christ did not say He chose those whom He foreknew would choose Him.. He very clearly says .. YOU DID NOT choose me .. but I chose you! You will not accept this.. but this is what He said! You are calling Christ a liar by saying He chooses those whom He foreknew would choose Him .. because He clearly says; "You DID NOT choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you." John 15:16

If He only FOREKNEW those who would choose Him.. and did not choose them first.. then He LIED when He clearly said "You DID NOT CHOOSE ME but I CHOSE you and appointed you"

YOU ARE CALLING JESUS A LIAR and you HATE what He actually said .. so you try to change what He said ...to try to FORCE Him to be as YOU want Him to be.. which is JUST MAKING AN IDOL,.. you hate the Jesus of scripture with all your heart and being; and WILL NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE HIS WORDS... You will say a Calvinist is of SATAN for quoting Jesus, WORD FOR WORD! Jesus did have a reason for dying.. to save His ELECT! Jesus does NOT even pray for those in the world.. but ONLY for His ELECT whom His Father has GIVEN Him!

John 17:9
“I pray for THEM. I DO NOT pray for the
world but for those whom YOU HAVE GIVEN ME, for they are Yours. "

You're a heretic. And don't falsely accuse Christians come "all on their own," for OSAS Arminians believe that without God's grace none could come to Him (it is sufficient for all). What a great God that He can do this and your god can't! You're confused. I doubt you will ever give your life to Christ. The difference between you and I is that I believe God's grace is sufficient for us all to have the free choice, and you believe salvation has to be irresistibly imposed or denied any opportunity for salvation (preterition). Suffice it to say your god can't do what God of the Bible does, so God trumps your evil god any day. Since you can't find any Scripture to support your view without inserting into the text that which is not explicitly stated, consider yourself delusional and an unregenerate."

The difference between you and I, is I have believed in the true Jesus .. you have accepted an idol jesus of your own making .. I believe what the scriptures say.. you take more stock in your FEELINGS and what YOU feel is right. You are calling the God of the Bible and the Jesus of scripture "an evil god"; because the things you are accusing me of teaching that you claim are heretical .. ARE THE WORDS OF GOD....NOT MY WORDS .. GOD's WORDS!.. You are saying GOD's words are Satanic.. that is what you are doing! YOU are the one who is unregenerate, or else you could NOT believe that man is not totally depraved and totally at enmity with God in his natural state.. YOU are of Satan .. you hate the word of God.. you hate God.. and you LOVE a IDOL you call jesus!

By the way .. was your jesus born on the devils birthday (Dec 25th) and are you getting all ready to honor your false pagan jesus .. with sun god tree idols.. sun god wreaths.. Yule (name of the sun god) logs .. and to get your kids to PRAY to Satan Clause and his demonic elves, for all their carnal worldly desires they COVET after .. and even leave him votive food and drink offerings of cookies and milk, to show what demonic pagan's you have made them?

Calvinism gives off the aura of zombies.

I think you do .. as you are spiritually DEAD to every truth of scripture.. and you hate God with all your heart.. you are the walking dead.. and you could be saved if you would REPENT, but you are so depraved .. filthy and EVIL.. you cannot.. unless God quickens you .. but that is by the ELECTION OF GRACE!

Parture
11-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Indeed, you have sufficient grace to have the free choice. That's why God pleads with you and implores you to believe in Him. Since you reject this God of the Bible realize you are going to Hell, because you refuse to come to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior to be regenerated. How sad for you this is the type of person you want to be. God has drawn you, but you resist.

All People Are Sinners
Rom. 3.9 (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13#) Well then, should we conclude that we Jews are better than others? No, not at all, for we have already shown that all people, whether Jews or Gentiles, [fn3] (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13#fnt__3) are under the power of sin. 10 (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13#) As the Scriptures say,
“No one is righteous—
not even one.
11 (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13#) No one is truly wise;
no one is seeking God.
12 (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13#) All have turned away;
all have become useless.
No one does good,
not a single one.” [fn4] (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13#fnt__4)

This passage does not speak of Total depravity, but our sin nature. Man' sin nature rejects God, yet man is still made in His image and received the sufficient grace of God to have the free choice. Hence, we read,

Christ Took Our Punishment
21 (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13#) But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses [fn9] (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13#fnt__9) and the prophets long ago. 22 (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13#) We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

"People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood" (v.25). The choice is yours. God will not make you irresistibly choose Him, nor will He deny you sufficient grace to have that choice; otherwise, He would be sadistic in saying "when they believe..."

My prayer is one day you give your life to Christ, only then shall you be saved, not before.

No Christian would read the Bible the way you do always Satanically inserting into the text the opposite of what it says. It says "made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus" NOT "placing our faith in Jesus by being made right with God".

You're ass backwards!

macolyis
11-27-2013, 05:01 AM
Indeed, you have sufficient grace to have the free choice. That's why God pleads with you and implores you to believe in Him.

Again... you saying it does not make it true.. Show me ANY passage where the NON elect.. or those whom God DID NOT CALL or PRE ORDAIN to be saved ... and those whom the Father DOES NOT DRAW .. have sufficient grace to make the choice and go to Christ ANYWAY... and be saved, even if they are NOT predestined to be saved!

THERE IS NO SUCH PASSAGE! God pleaded with Pharaoh to LET HIS PEOPLE GO, while simutaniously hardening his heart, so Pharaoh WOULD NOT do what he was being pleaded with to do! That is the ONLY way to honestly interpret ALL passages about God hardening the heart of Pharaoh..including Paul's New Testament interpretation in Romans 9!

Romans 9:16

"So then it is NOT of him who wills, nor of him who

runs, but of God who shows mercy."

In other words.. you can will to be saved ..and never be saved if you are non elect .. and run from being saved... and be saved anyway .. if you are ELECT.. it is not about YOUR will... it is about God's will.. and whom HE shows mercy on!

Romans 9:18

"Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He

wills He hardens."

Notice, it is about God's will, not our own will.. God hardens whom He wills to harden.. and has mercy by bringing to repentance.. whom He will have MERCY ON!

Since you reject this God of the Bible realize you are going to Hell, because you refuse to come to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior to be regenerated. How sad for you this is the type of person you want to be. God has drawn you, but you resist.

I HAVE came to the cross a helpless sinner BY MY OWN FREE WILL and deeply repented and put my trust in Christ entirely .. I trust faith in Christ alone for my salvation! Where did my faith come from though .. was it self generated?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that

NOT OF YOURSELVES; it is the GIFT of God," Ephesians 2:8

"For who makes you differ from another? And what do you

have that you did not RECEIVE? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do

you boast as if you had not received it?" 1 Corinthians 4:7

All People Are Sinners

Rom. 3.9 (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13/l) Well then, should we conclude that we Jews are better than others? No, not at all, for we have already shown that all people, whether Jews or Gentiles, [fn3] (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13/lfnt__3) are under the power of sin. 10 (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13/l) As the Scriptures say,

“No one is righteous—not even one.11 (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13/l) No one is truly wise;

no one is seeking God.

12 (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13/l) All have turned away;

all have become useless.

No one does good,

not a single one.” [fn4] (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13/lfnt__4)

This passage does not speak of Total depravity, but our sin nature. Man' sin nature rejects God, yet man is still made in His image and received the sufficient grace of God to have the free choice. Hence, we read,

Christ Took Our Punishment

21 (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13/l) But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses [fn9] (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13/lfnt__9) and the prophets long ago. 22 (http://www.blbclassic.org/tools/printerFriendly.cfm?b=Rom&c=3&t=NLTP&x=7&y=13/l) We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

"People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood" (v.25). The choice is yours. God will not make you irresistibly choose Him, nor will He deny you sufficient grace to have that choice; otherwise, He would be sadistic in saying "when they believe..."

All people are evil .. you distort Romans 3:9 to mean all people have just messed up .. but have basically good hearts .. so can go to Christ on their own accord.... Romans 3:9 actually speaks of TOTAL depravity .. read it again! .. It speaks of a totally WICKED people who DO NOT SEEK GOD .. ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD.. MOUTHS FULL OF CURSES AND BITTERNESS,...with VENOM OF ASPS under their lips.. and absolutely NO fear of God or reverence for Him before their eyes.. they HATE Him with every fiber of thier being.. as YOU hate Him .. You utterly hate Him with all your heart and soul.. and love a demon idol jesus .. you have made in your carnal image .. who accepts everyone .. even those of the world .. whom the TRUE Jesus refused to even PRAY for! Belief is faith, and scripture makes clear ..faith does not come from within .. it is not self generated.. it is a GIFT of God.. so only those whom God gives the gift of faith to CAN believe.. and true faith will RESULT in keeping the righteous requirements of the law.. as a FRUIT.. and without that fruit of OBEYING the righteous requirement of the law.. faith is DEAD .. in other words.. Faith justifies.. but true faith will always result in being conformed to the image of Christ and KEEPING HIS COMMANDMENTS; and if anyone claims to know Him or claims to believe and DOES NOT keep HIS COMMNDMENTS.. he is a LIAR and the TRUTH IS NOT in him!

God gives us all the ability to make choices and free will .. but the problem is mans evil nature and being totally depraved.. A totally depraved man cannot believe and cannot have faith UNLESS God GIVES him his faith!

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 1 Corinthians 1:18

"But the natural man DOES NOT receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are FOOLISHNESS to him; nor CAN he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14

Notice the NATURAL man CANNOT know things of the Spirit of God.. and DOES NOT receive them.. and the message of the Cross is just FOOLISHNESS to him .. so HOW can a carnal man receive the Gospel .. if he cannot know it .. or receive it .. and it is just foolishness to him? Answer.. he CANNOT.. GOD has to OPEN his heart to receive it .. which comes by the election of grace!

My prayer is one day you give your life to Christ, only then shall you be saved, not before.

No Christian would read the Bible the way you do always Satanically inserting into the text the opposite of what it says. It says "made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus" NOT "placing our faith in Jesus by being made right with God".

You're ass backwards!

We are made right by placing our faith in Jesus .. but faith is NOT of ourselves .. it is NOT self generated .. it is a GIFT.. so we are made right by being GIVEN the GIFT of FAITH .. by ELECTION!

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that

NOT OF YOURSELVES; it is the GIFT of God," Ephesians 2:8

You are the one saying the opposite of what the Bible says.. you are a heretic.. and mostly just quote yourself and your feelings! Scripture is on MY side.. not yours... I pray God may one day in His good pleasure OPEN your heart to receive the truth... but that is up to Him .. your fate lies in the good pleasure of God's will!

Parture
11-27-2013, 02:48 PM
Since you can't find any verses in Scripture to support your irresistibly imposed salvation without inserting into the text, realize you worship a false Christ. One of many mistakes I see you making is assuming when God ordains that it means irresistibly imposing salvation though is not explicitly stated; but that goes contrary to the many verses that say similar things such as take of the water of life freely in which God implores and pleads with you to believe in Him.

macolyis
11-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Jesus pleads with ANY who DESIRE to take FREELY of the water of life.. but HOW do we come to desire? We have to believe in Jesus to desire Him .. right? How do we believe? Belief is faith and faith is a GIFT.. we come to desire Him by being GIVEN the GIFT of faith; and THIS is how we are saved, and Paul makes clear it is NOT OF OURSELVES, it is a GIFT OF GOD! We still have a free choice..but.. If God GIVES us faith, we will not be able to HELP but desire the water of life.. we will LONG for it .. because we love Jesus! If God DOES NOT give us our faith .. we will remain carnal .. and NOT be able to go to Jesus .. because .. we will remain at enmity with Him .. and will NOT want to go to Him! NO evil, carnal, self centered man, is going to just wake up one day .. and come to the conclusion that his WHOLE LIFE has been a LIE.. everything he has done.. even his VERY best works are FILTH.. and want to GIVE UP EVERYTHING; and go to Christ to be remade a NEW CREATION! Man loves himself by nature, JUST as he is..filthy, wicked, selfish and EVIL; and he will NOT want to change or go to Christ for regeneration! Just go ask a random "gay married couple", if they would like to receive the water of life.. to change them .. so they will no longer be homosexuals.. and so they will die to everything they now love; and see what they say! The water of life has power to rid you of ALL the SINS you now LOVE.. NO CARNAL MAN IS GOING TO WANT THAT on his own! Most professing Christians do not want that.. but still love their sins.. and want to use grace as an EXCUSE to keep sinning... They have NO desire for regeneration which comes by drinking of the water of life!

Parture
11-27-2013, 08:44 PM
That makes no sense at all that God pleads with people to receive new life by believing on Him after they already did. You are delusional.

When someone appeals to you to believe a certain fact, it is because you have not yet done it.

Surely, you are a mad.

The reason you have not received the gift of faith is because you don't search God out with all your heart and soul. You've put up a barrier of self and delusional ideas you have fabricated with it that feed your flesh. God says if you search Him out with all your heart and soul, you shall find Him. Trust in Him.

You can't save yourself delusionally by declaring you are irresistibly selected. Tear down your high place and shrine you have built for yourself called Total depravity and Calvinism. God will never receive you that way of yourself.

The one thing you can do is make a genuine choice for Christ. God has not prevented you from doing so no matter how depraved you have become. His grace is sufficient for all. Your god can't do this so God trumps your god every time.

You lose. You're on the losing team. The Bible declares the winners already.