PDA

View Full Version : Mormons Disagree with the Book of Mormon

Faithful
04-20-2018, 03:17 PM
The Book of Mormon teaches God was never a man nor the offspring of another God

Mormonism’s founder Joseph Smith taught:

I will go back to the beginning before the world was, to show what kind of being God is. What sort of a being was God in the beginning? Open your ears and hear, all ye ends of the earth, for I am going to prove it to you by the Bible, and to tell you the designs of God in relation to the human race, and why He interferes with the affairs of man. God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens! That is the great secret, if the veil were rent today, and the great God who holds this world in its orbit, and who upholds all worlds and all things by his power, was to make himself visible,—I say, if you were to see him today, you would see him like a man in form—like yourselves in all the person, image, and very form as a man; for Adam was created in the very fashion, image and likeness of God, and received instruction from, and walked, talked and conversed with him, as one man talks and communes with another (Joseph Smith, Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 345. Italics in original. See also Achieving a Celestial Marriage, p. 129).

Yet the Book of Mormon teaches:

3 Nephi 24:6: For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. (Same as Malachi 3:6)
Mormon 9:9, 19: For do we not read that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing? . . .And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.
Moroni 7:22: For behold, God knowing all things, being from everlasting to everlasting…
Moroni 8:18: For I know that God is not a partial God, neither a changeable being; but he is unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity.