PDA

View Full Version : Denying Jesus Before Men (Luke 12.8-10) And Blaspheming the Holy Spirit

InTruth
08-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Jesus said, "And I say to you, anyone who acknowledges Me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God, but whoever denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven" (Luke 12.8-10).

What happens to those who do not deny Jesus before men, yet don't confess Jesus before men? It seems to me everyone is put in a situation to decide one way or another. Not denying Jesus before men is ultimately the same fate as those who deny Jesus before men.

Jesus' death on the cross has the power to forgive everyone, except the person who blasphemes the Holy Spirit. What is blaspheming the Holy Spirit? It was when Jesus was on earth and people blasphemed Him right to his face. They are forever lost like the fallen angels not given second chances. I think the reason for this is because to literally have the presence of God, Jesus in person, before you is so overwhelming that to then deny Him, or call Him a liar, is unforgiveable.

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/unpardonablesin.htm