PDA

View Full Version : The Father, Son, and Spirit are Each God Comprising the Trinity

savedwheat
10-31-2019, 06:33 AM
[Jhn 1:1 KJV] 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus is the Word and called God. The Father is also God.

[Jhn 17:3 KJV] 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

The Father is God.

[Jhn 20:28 KJV] 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Referring to Jesus Thomas called Him God.

[Act 5:3-4 KJV] 3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

The Holy Spirit is called God.

[2Co 3:17-18 KJV] 17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty. 18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

The Lord God is called that Spirit.

[Tit 2:13 KJV] 13 while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed.

Jesus is said to be God.

[Heb 1:8, 10-12 KJV] 8 But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom. ... 10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: 11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; 12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

The Son is called God and made everything.

[Jhn 5:23 KJV] 23 That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Jesus is honored as God.

[Heb 1:6 KJV] 6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Jesus is to be woshipped as God.

[Rev 5:13 KJV] 13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Glory is given to Jesus as God forever.

[Jhn 14:16, 26 KJV] 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; ... 26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Spirit is bears witness of Jesus.

[Jhn 15:26-27 KJV] 26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Spirit of Truth testifies of Jesus.

[Jhn 16:13-14 KJV] 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 [B]He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.

The Holy Spirit glorifies Jesus and Jesus tells the Holy Spirit what to say.

What I like about these verses is that each Person of the Godhead is giving glory to the other two Persons showing us the Trinity.