PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Smith Died Guns Ablazing in the Carthage Jail, Hardly a Martyr

Luke
11-21-2019, 11:28 AM
Smith went to jail for burning down the Nauvoo Expositor after its first publication and for treason, declaring marital law with up to a 5000 Indian force, and polygamy and sex with teenagers and already married women. In the Carthage Jail, he was given wine to ease his spirit. I thought Mormons were not suppose to drink? And two guns were smuggled in. Smith shot at least 6 times and 2 of those bullets killed two people as stated by John Taylor. He as a murderer. His brother Hyrum Smith was shooting with his Derringer also. I don't recall in the Bible anything about the 7 times Paul was almost killed that he fought back, nor did Jesus fight back when he was captured. Shortly before Smith died he said, "Oh Lord, my God" hardly the calm he was said to have displayed. Some Mormons claim he was giving a Masonic sign of distress. In Masonry when you are in distress you are suppose to give the secret sign, "Oh Lord, my God, Is there no help for the Widow's Son". He was not able to finish the sentence and died. Smith was probably screaming at the top of his lungs in panic as he was crawling out the window trying to escape. Do you really want to be part of a religion where your leader's actions have to be doctored and airbrushed? Smith is not deserving of our trust. If Joseph Smith lived today, I don't think most Mormons would acknowledge him as someone to respect.

The smuggled guns were reported in volume 7, pages 101-103 of the Documentary History of the Church produced by Mormons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvSo0ate4tM