PDA

View Full Version : Where to begin....

Antonio
03-01-2020, 09:51 AM
I've often heard "We are so deep in the apostasy that there is no use of doing anything regarding the Ekklesia" I don't feel this way. So where does an itinerate apostle, elder, deacon, paster, prophet, teacher or evangelist begin in regards to functioning practically from scratch. Not necessarily trying to reform an existing situation per se, but functioning 'from scratch'.

For example... from my perspective Acts 13 relates that apostles came out from teachers and prophets if I'm not mistaken... therefore... Is it fair to believe that the first step would be to gather prophets and teachers? Therefore is seeking out prophets and teachers and forming a 'school' around them locally a means to the end of a healthy work regarding organization of a local congregation?

It seems to me as though identifying personal leadings, gifting, and willingness to assume responsibility is the first step.

Another idea.... I would like to function as an apostle here in my locality and appoint elders. However I am unclear about whether or not I've been separated for that work definitively because I am not aware of what exactly determines whether or not I'm an apostle outside of being sent..

And then in regards to being an elder in my current location... I'm actually not from here geographically but I've been here for twelve years with my wife. I don't therefore feel qualified to be appointed an elder here... neither do I feel led in that direction.

Antonio
03-02-2020, 06:03 PM
And then in regards to being an elder in my current location... I'm actually not from here geographically but I've been here for twelve years with my wife. I don't therefore feel qualified to be appointed an elder here... neither do I feel led in that direction.

On second thought.... If any apostles are visiting San Antonio, Texas I'm willing to discuss accepting the responsibility of 'presbuteros' here after all... whatever Yahushua wills I'm open for.

Grace and peace

Luke
03-04-2020, 10:06 AM
If you are not sure if you are an Apostle then you are not an Apostle at least at this time directly chosen by God to appoint Elders of a church city locality. But you at least fulfilled the prerequisite by agreeing to the knowledge Apostles must know in your profile. Later maybe God will choose you. Perhaps it has something to do with your consecration. The more consecrated and deeper in the Lord you go the more likely God will make you an Apostle and you'll know this calling like those 200 Apostles in China in Watchman Nee's day knew they were chosen by God to be Apostles and appoint Elders of a church locality.