Only God has the Power to Forgive Sins and When God is Vainly Being Tempted By the Devil or by Men, God Says Don't Tempt Him.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you in water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you in the Holy Spirit and [in] fire:
Mat 3:12 whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly cleanse his threshing-floor; and he will gather his wheat into the garner, but the chaff he will burn up with unquenchable fire.
Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mat 3:14 But John would have hindered him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 But Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffereth him.
Mat 3:16 And Jesus when he was baptized, went up straightway from the water: and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him;
Mat 3:17 and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mat 4:5 Then the devil taketh him into the holy city; and he set him on the pinnacle of the temple,
Mat 4:6 and saith unto him, If thou art the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and, On their hands they shall bear thee up, Lest haply thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Mat 4:7 Jesus said unto him, Again it is written, Thou shalt not make trial of the Lord thy God.
Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him unto an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 and he said unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Mat 4:11 Then the devil leaveth him; and behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
5 Then the Devil took him to Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple, 6 and said, "If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say,

`He orders his angels to protect you.
And they will hold you with their hands
to keep you from striking your foot on a stone.' (Psalms 91.11-12) "

7 Jesus responded, "The Scriptures also say, `Do not test the Lord your God.' (Deuteronomy 6.16) "
8 Next the Devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him the nations of the world and all their glory. 9 "I will give it all to you," he said, "if you will only kneel down and worship me."
10 "Get out of here, Satan," Jesus told him. "For the Scriptures say,

`You must worship the Lord your God;
serve only him.' (Deuteronomy 6.13) "

11 Then the Devil went away, and angels came and cared for Jesus.

Mar 1:12 And straightway the Spirit driveth him forth into the wilderness.
Mar 1:13 And he was in the wilderness forty days tempted of Satan; And he was with the wild beasts; And the angels ministered unto him.

Only God has the power to forgive sins,
Matthew 9.1-2 Jesus climbed into a boat and went back across the lake to his own town. 2 Some people brought to him a paralyzed man on a mat. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, "Take heart, son! Your sins are forgiven."