Re: yeshualovesme1
http://www.youtube.com/user/yeshualovesme1

Quote Originally Posted by yeshualovesme1
This guy has no idea what he's talking about. Calvinism is all about knowing that you are saved. Arminianism is all abou earning it. Where iis this guy getting his info. Has he ever compared the 2 theologies? Or has he even read the Bible. The truth is that God has chosen the elect. Conditional election is a lie, it means you have to earn election. Unlimited atonement is a lie. Does this guy really believe that peole in hell have their sins atoned for? Atonement means at one with God. Come on!
In OSAS Arminian a person gives his life to Christ, the one who keeps in humility that we can't keep ourselves saved. God chooses the elect but not by irresistibly regenerating them, but predestinate by foreknowing our free-choice: a conditional election, unlimited atonement, resistible grace, for preservation of the saints. God contrasts faith with works so it is not wise to accuse God of conditional election. People in Hell refuse the atonement, which is why they are in Hell.

The work a the receiver of the check (salvation) does is not to earn something they have already been given, but to obey and please the one who has loved them when they were unloveable. No true Calvinist thinks they earn ther salvation. I think you are a Calvinist and just don't know it. Your thought are Calvinist, but you explain them using the wrong terms! Crazy!
I think a Calvinist does try to earn their salvation because they don't know if they are saved or not, not really, since it was never their choice, so that's why they "persevere" for it in hopes it all works out. Whereas Christians are "preserved."

The reason I am not a Calvinist is because I repented and believed in Christ to be regenerated, whereas the Calvinist is unwilling to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. They refuses salvation because they are unwilling to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. Pridefully, they assume they were irresistibly selected because they are too afraid to give up their lives to Christ.

Calvinism is like this. You are sitting at home and you receive a check for 30 years of work at 3 times the highest hourly wage you have ever worked for. You are so overjoyed at the graious gift that you have been given that you want nothing more than to work for the person,who gave you the unmerited gift, for the rest of your life, without getting paid another dime. You see the check is salvation, which was undeserved. I'll continue
When you look under what you are describing, Calvinism is really like this. You work all your life, with no grace whatsoever, and then in your elderly age, your house is burnt down, all your money is stolen, your family is killed, and then you are murdered. This is called preterition in Calvinism. And others never did anything all their lives and one day they get a check for $10,000,000 from Satan; then Satan asks you to do something for him. That's not how God works. The way God works is He supplies sufficient grace to give everyone the choice.

by the way, do you realize that you took the Lord's name in vein at least once when you did your video. You are really missing the point on alot of this stuff. OSAS is primarily an Arminian doctrine. The double standard you speak of according to works is so misguided. I will explain. You say that Calvinists are worng because they work for their salvation? That is so untrue. The truth of Calvinism is that God has started the work in the hearts of men, and men respond to God's work. Contnued
I am glad you couldn't show your accusation. I teach OSAS is Arminian since that is what Jacob Arminius believed in agreement with God's word. What you think was a starting point for Calvinists, the Christians consider that the evil spirit in you, because a loving God does not irresistibly impose salvation on people, nor pass over others giving them no grace whatsoever to have the opportunity to be saved. What love is that?

The point about Calvinists and work is that because they don't really know if they are saved or not, not really, since they just assumed they were irresistibly selected and it was never their choice, what we see in their behavior is they work so hard for their salvation as a result, because they just don't know.

You just refuted Arminianism when you said, " People in Hell refuse the atonement, which is why they are in Hell." Are you messing with me? Because if you knew what unlimited atonement means you would know that unlimited atonement means that all sins are atooned for, but that is impossible if people are in Hell. Come on man, you really have no clue do you?If you would like to learn the truth, PM me and we will start a dialogue. No one can truly understand God's sovereignty in arminianism
It is quite possible people go to Hell with unlimited atonement, for just because Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the whole world, you still need to appropriate God's salvation by receiving the ransom He paid. The reason why they go to Hell is because for eternity they will continue to reject the atonement.

T - Total Depravity = Man cannot save Himself, God does that. Unconditional election - God desides who is saved, obviously, or else heisnotsovereign. Limited atonement = only those who are saved have their sins truly atoned for. The word atonement means AT ONE WITH CHRIST. You can't be atone with Him if you are in Hell. Irrefutable grace = when God works in your life, you love Him because it is only right to do so Perseverence is doing what is right because we are called to, not to earn or keep
Total depravity means God doesn't provide sufficient grace to us all; hence everyone according to Calvinism is Totally depraved. Arminians believe we can't save ourselves; but that God does the saving. Unconditional election doesn't mean God decides who is saved, but rather, your god irresistibly imposes salvation on people which is evil. Limited atonement is likewise evil because it means God irresistibly imposes salvation and doesn't give anyone the choice. Irresistible grace should not be considered grace, because where is the love in forcing someone into something? You shouldn't persevere for Satan, but give your life to Christ and so shall you be saved. The reason you persevere is because you don't know if you are saved or not, not really, since it was never your choice. What a deplorable state to be in.

You are not born-again.