Re: Andreas http://www.youtube.com/user/testskriftene#p/u
Quote Originally Posted by testskriftene
I am a calvinist, and I repented and believed in Christ to be regenerated. God commands men to repent and believe, and the Holy Spirit does the work in men. And the Holy Spirit gave me new life and a new birth, He regenerated me. I continue to repent and believe to the end, because I was given to the Son, and the Son will raise me up on the last day.

I know deep down in my heart and see it around me in this world - that total depravity is real. No one seeks after the true and living God - because they hate him - they are from birth enemies of God, naturally hating God. Thank God that He saved me and changed me, and continues to change me!
If you were Totally depraved, thus Totally unable to receive God unless God irresistibly made you to repent and believe to be regenerated, how is this really so different from your Mormon upbringing? Try to see what I see.

In the pre-existence taught by Mormonism some spirits were formed to be blacks and could never do anything more than at best serve in the Celestial kingdom.

Likewise in Calvinism, the god of Calvinism irresistibly selects some, giving them repentance and faith to be regenerated without the free will choice in the matter. And billions more are from birth irresistibly predestinated for Hell without any opportunity for salvation.

Based on you comment: "If there ever was a Calvinist that was born-again, it would be you." - I assume that you dont know any other calvinists, or have heard their testimony of how Christ has saved them....
I never said, "If there ever was a Calvinist that was born-again, it would be you." Why put words in my mouth? Of coure I have heard the false testimony of Calvinists and know many of them to know they are not saved, since they refuse to give their lives to Christ to be regenerated. I know for a fact James White and Paul Washer are not born-again. The Holy Spirit told me so and confirmed it in the word of God.

You put very much emphasis on "Calvinists are unwilling to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated". - please, If one calvinist have said it - dont label all calvinists it, or calvinism for that mater.
It doesn't matter where in the irresistible department you place the imposition, whether at the repentance stage or the faith stage or regeneration stage, in all cases, Calvinism is false; that is to say, Total depravity is false which brings one into a false salvation, because your god doesn't give you the choice since if you are Totally depraved, nobody believes and thus, the god of Calvinism has to irresistibly give this alleged salvation to some and deny it to others even any opportunity for salvation.

Its like me saying that you believe that you have to do the work of repenting and believing before you are saved - its a work - and therefore you have a works based salvation.. you see how stupid that it?
You said above that you "repented and believed in Christ to be regenerated," but to you this repentance would be a work if you had the choice to be able to obtain this gift of repentance, so you being a Calvinist must believe this repentance you say you have was irresistibly imposed on you without your choice in the matter to refuse or accept it.

There are two glaring problems.

1) Your assumption you repented because it was irresistibly imposed on you is nonetheless an assumption, for true repentance is a free gift anyone can obtain, otherwise God would be a liar for "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance" (2 Pet. 3.9).

Do you see your doublestandard? You are allowed to assume you were irresistibly made to repent, but Christians were not allowed to freely obtain the gift of repentance for you accuse them of works then?

Why then wouldn't your assuming be a works? It's just like Mormonism assuming Joseph Smith was right though you can't back it up.

No! Obtaining the gift of repentance and faith by coming to God with an honest heart is a free offering to us all to obtain so that God provides sufficient grace for all.

2) Calvinists are not born again, because they refuse to receive this gift of repentance since they pridefully assume it was irresistibly imposed on them and not sufficiently provided for all to have the opportunity to obtain.

But does God offer us salvation when He says "come unto me" (Matt. 11.28) because we have free-will: "whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely" (Rev. 22.17)? Are faith and works contrasted as opposites? "By grace are ye saved, through faith;...not of works" (Eph. 2.8-9); "But to him that worketh not, but believeth..." (Rom. 4.5). Christ repeatedly gave such invitations as "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matt. 11.28), and "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink" (John 7.37).

This is faith full of repentance, not a works. You are accusing the brethren of works when God contrasts repentance and faith from works.

"Everyone that thirsteth, come ye to the waters.... Let the wicked forsake his ways, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon" (Is. 55.1,7).

If all should come to repentance but God only irresistibly imposes repentance on some, but not others, then isn't the god of Calvinism evil?

Very simply, you have confused our depravity, propensity to sin and willfulness with the idol of Total depravity, Total inability and necessity.

Do you see that? In other words, you did not give your life to Christ authentically, because you preferred a god who does not provide sufficient grace to all to have the opportunity for repentance, but irresistibly imposes repentance on some and passes over (preterition) billions from birth.

As Dave Hunt says, What Love is This?