Come Let Us Reason Together
For In Reason Is Hidden, The Meaning of Life
Part I

Reason: The capacity for logical, rational, and analytic thought; intelligence.
The gift of REASON is one of the most extraordinary gifts given to mankind. It is an attribute that is mandatory to having a relationship with God. He absolutely requires us to use our reason to even begin to fathom and comprehend Himself, ourselves and the world around us. However, REASON seems to have gone out the window when many of us became Christians, as well unbelievers have an extremely malformed reasoning capability.
“It is a fool who says there is no God.” - Psalm 53:1
Using our reason is commanded by God. It is the only time He says to mankind, let's do something TOGETHER.
“Come now, LET US REASON TOGETHER..." - Isaiah 1:18
Most sins are committed when reason goes out the window. It is also by lack of use of reason that many are in more darkness and lack of understanding of God, the plan of salvation and even themselves.
So let's take a journey into this strange world of reason. I guarantee, you will not be the same when you come out the other end.
Reason is best exercised when you are not being taught BY someone, but rather, the teacher doesn't teach, but merely poses questions, appealing to our REASON. So here we go:
  • Is God omniscient (all knowing)? I'm sure we can all answer this one with, yes.
    • Okay, if God is all knowing, then He must have known that Lucifer would rebel and take with him a third of the angels in his rebellion, even before He created him, correct?
    • If God KNEW that Lucifer would rebel and wreak havoc on His creation, before He created Him, why did God insist on creating him and not some other archangel that He knew would not rebel?
    • Knowing that Lucifer would rebel, God created Him anyway and even gave him an exalted position as the covering cherub of His throne and called Him Lucifer, meaning bearer of light, according to the word, correct?
    • Did Lucifer catch God off guard when he rebelled? Absolutely not. God knew the exact moment that he would do so. He knew this moment before He even created him.
  • Alright, so far so good. If we have come this far in agreement, using our God-given REASON, let us apply the same reason with regards to Adam and Eve.
    • God knew before He even created Adam and Eve, that they would sin and fall, correct?
    • Why then did God create Adam and Eve, and not two people that He foreknew would not sin against His law? He could have you know, and they wouldn't be simply obedient robots, just two obedient people who loved and honored their Creator. So then, why did He create instead, two people that He knew would sin and fall from the blessed gift of immortality into this vile and mutated specimen that we have become?
Using your reason, you now realize that God is up to something. An amazing Divine Plan was in the works from the very beginning, even before Lucifer was created or you and I. A plan, remember that. A plan that required a rebellious angel and a rebellious first man and woman. If this were not so, why did God make it so?
This plan is beyond just the plan of salvation, as the plan of salvation is only needed because God knowingly created an archangel that would rebel and knowingly created a man and woman who would rebel, instead of creating those He foreknew would not rebel.
Think about that for a moment — with your reason. As reason cannot be rushed. We must meditate on certain deep things for them to truly sink in.
Now you see, so far I have taught you NOTHING. You have come to these conclusions and teachings —on your own, using your own reason, but we are far from finished.
So what is this magnificent Divine Plan, that the plan of salvation is a part of, but is beyond even it?

When Adam and Eve sinned, the Word states that God came looking for them in the Garden in the cool of the day. Why was God looking for them, if He is omniscient? He wasn't really looking for them, He already knew exactly where they were, as well as what they had done—as expected. Their disobedience was not a shock nor a surprise to Yahweh. He knew long before He created them that this is what they would do—yet He created them anyway. Is this not true?
Welcome to Part II of COME LET US REASON TOGETHER, where you will not be taught by man, but by your own God-given reasoning you will come to your own conclusions, and in effect, BE TAUGHT BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Why did God say, "Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat of the tree that I told you not to?" Why would Yahweh ask them these questions, if He, being the all-knowing, Most High, already knew they had disobeyed Him? Not only did He know they had disobeyed Him, He already knew what their answers would be, so why ask?
Herein is the first slight glimpse at the personality and pre-ordained MASTER PLAN of Yahweh, of which the plan of salvation is a sub-plan of, as we reasoned in part one of this message. The very meaning of life is about to be revealed.
Here are two people that He knew would be disobedient, before He created them; knew exactly when they would be disobedient and knew exactly how they would be deceived by the serpent—yet He created them—and the serpent—anyway, instead of two people He knew would not be disobedient. Now He is acting like He didn't even know where they were, and that He was not the least bit aware that they had sinned, as He asked, “Have you eaten of the tree that I told you not to?”
Our REASON tells us that God knows all things. He knows the END from the BEGINNING. Therefore our reason also tells us that if God already knew, the only other reason He would act in such a way is for the benefit of whomever He was speaking to. It is US who do not know our rear-ends from a hole in the ground. It is US that need to get to know ourselves. God already knows every single thing about us. He wants us to get to know ourselves. His dialogue was for Adam and Eve's benefit, not His.
Many think that God is testing them in this event or that event in their live's, but come, let us reason together! Why would God need to test us, He already knows how we will respond in every single scenario presented to us. Is this not true? Then why would God test us? Why would God test our faith, knowing already what level our faith is at?
IT STANDS TO REASON that He must be testing us, not for Himself, but for our benefit, that we may know the level of our faith, or that we would understand something, or that we would grow. All things He allows to happen in our lives are evidently (stand to reason) not for Him to find out something about us—it is for us to find out and discover about ourselves.
Why does God want us find out about ourselves?
More on this absolutely astounding REASONING SESSION later, but for now, let's return to the Garden of Eden to continue to lay the ground work of this awesome revelation concerning reason and the meaning of life.
Adam and Eve hid from Yahweh, according to the Word, but they did not consider that you cannot hide from God. So it stands to reason that God played along with them for a moment, the first game of hide and seek, as well as the first passing of the buck session. Listen to this dialogue from an omniscient (all knowing) God to His creatures, our great, great etc. grandparents:
And they heard the voice of Yahweh walking in the garden in the cool of the day. And Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of Yahweh in the middle of the trees of the garden.
And Yahweh called to Adam and said to him, Where are you?
Like He didn't know already :-)
And Adam said, I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I am naked, and I hid myself.
Like it is possible to hide from God :-)
Do you notice how many people fear God today? Maybe even you are one of them. This is not the type of fear God is talking about when He says to fear Him. This fear could be better understood as meaning respect. However fear of God comes from a wrong standing with Him - is this not true? It is the same as fearing your own parents when you know you have done wrong, but normally you do not fear them, you love them and play with them —fearlessly. It is only when we have been caught being up to no good that our love and enjoyment of our parents turns to fear. The same with Yahweh.
If you fear Him you can talk to Him, as He is very approachable, thanks to our being reconciled to Him through the sacrifice of His Only Begotten, Yahshua. The sad truth is most people do not have a healthy fear (respect) of the Lord their God, and this includes many Christians.
Now back to Adam and Eve, reason and the meaning of life.
And He said, Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree which I commanded you that you should not eat?
- Genesis 3:11
My goodness is Yahweh playing this for all He can :-) You know He already knows the answer, and what is this, “Who told you that you were naked” line of questioning. Their reason had told them they were naked, now enhanced by having the knowledge of both good and evil from eating of the fruit of the tree. God knew a billion-trillion years before they ever did it, what they would do. He knew it before they were ever created, but here, Yahweh asks THEM to respond, rather than openly accuse them.
Now all of us know this parental technique and why parents do this, it is because parents want to hear their child confess the truth and not lie. Like George Washington's, “I cannot tell a lie. I cut down the cherry tree.”, but God already knows what they're going to say, so why even ask? He knows they're going to go into massive denial and passing the buck, so why even ask? So that Adam and Eve can get to know themselves better and that they had not only sinned in the act of disobedience, but in their attempts at passing the buck, rather than taking responsibility for their crime. They are learning of their wretchedness.
If Yahweh would have accused them of their sin, they would stand accused, but would not comprehend their nature to sin— even further. He allowed them to go down that path of lies and deception, wondering all the while, why am I lying so much!? Much like Jim Carey in the movie, Liar, Liar, Adam and Eve did not KNOW themselves and were surprised at how they even answered Yahweh with a lie on top of the sin they had already committed. This was the reason why God played dumb, as to having any knowledge where they were and that they had even eaten of the tree.
If it were not for the fact that they suddenly felt naked, they probably would have gone into a conspiracy of lies to cover up what they had done, thinking that, well, if Yahweh doesn't know where we are and has to ask, and also has to ask if we ate, HE MUST NOT KNOW, SO LET'S NOT TELL HIM!
Ah, but alas, they were full of the knowledge of good and evil and suddenly found that being naked was somehow a "bad" thing, something to be ashamed of. So the only alternative was to try and outfox God by playing the BLAME GAME, as Adam had already blown it by admitting that he was naked. There was no physical difference, as Yahweh asked, "Who TOLD YOU that you were naked."
And the man said, The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.
- Genesis 3:12
Wow, Adam, what happened to your great love for this woman? What happened to chivalry? It died in the Garden! Adam not only blames the woman, but even goes as far as to blame God Himself, saying, the woman that YOU GAVE TO BE WITH ME is the reason...
Notice Yahweh's demeanor in all of this. He hears Adam's non-chivalrous accusation and feeble attempt at passing the buck regarding the woman and takes note that not only does he blame the woman, but according to Adam, he blames God Himself, for giving him such an imperfect woman in the first place.
Yahweh simply takes note and says no more to Adam and turns to the woman, following Adam's accusation—though unaware to Adam, God is not buying into his line of nonsense, as he has already seen it from the beginning. It is all Divine Deja Vu, if you will, to the Most High.
And Yahweh said to the woman, What is this you have done? And the woman said, The serpent deceived me, and I ate.
- Genesis 3:13
At this time your reason tells you that Adam was more than likely sighing a sigh of relief, thinking—I can't believe it, HE BOUGHT IT! Boy is SHE gonna get it now! Adam, out of fear and self preservation is ready to sell Eve down the river, not realizing the misery it would cause himself, as he is as yet, unfamiliar with what the sad emotion of missing someone is and what torment loneliness can be. If he knew, he would have admitted to his crime and been willing to die rather than go through an eternal life with that misery—as many of you are also familiar with this strange, deep and horrendous emotion of losing someone that you love. What guilt would be upon him, knowing that he was also guilty, but got away with it, and was responsible for the destruction of the one he really loved. But of course Adam was not thinking (reasoning) at the time. Fear had utterly suffocated his reason.
Now it is Eve's turn to get to know her-self. At least her answer was more forthcoming than Adams. She just said the serpent deceived me and I ate it! Which is in essence the truth, with a tiny bit of passing the buck to—ah yes, the serpent.
Eve was hoping that God would punish the serpent for DECEIVING her, rather than herself for being deceived. I am sure that she also cast a glaring eye at Mr. Lover-Boy over there, Adam-Benedict Arnold, for so throwing her to the wolves to save his own useless-eater hyde.
What is Yahweh's response to Eve's testimony? Nothing. He lets her believe that He bought her line also and turns to the serpent:
And Yahweh said to the serpent, Because you have done this you are cursed more than all cattle, and more than every animal of the field. You shall go upon your belly, and you shall eat dust all the days of your life.
- Genesis 3:14
He said a few other things, but for the purpose of where the Holy Spirit is going in this, you can read it for yourselves.
Then Yahweh turned to Eve and pronounced sentence:
To the woman He said, I will greatly increase your sorrow and your conception. In pain you shall bear sons, and your desire shall be toward your husband, and he shall rule over you.
- Genesis 3:16
Do you think that Adam was feeling a bit of false security about this time, thinking, yeah, give me a new woman. One that isn't broken. But, then it was Adam's turn for sentencing, with no further discussion on the blame game.
And to Adam He said, Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you, saying, You shall not eat of it! The ground is cursed for your sake. In pain shall you eat of it all the days of your life.
- Genesis 3:17
Then Yahweh turned to Yahshua, His Only Begotten and says,
Behold, the man has become as one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever, therefore Yahweh sent him out from the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he had been taken.
- Genesis 3:23
And to think, that none of this was a surprise to Yahweh in the least. He knew what they would do even before He created them, yet He chose to create them anyway, rather than two who would have been obedient.
Come let us reason together:
Why did Yahweh create Satan, Adam and Eve and the third of the angels that rebelled, if He knew that is what they were going to do? Why not just NOT create THEM, but create more like the two-thirds that didn't rebel, and rather than create Adam and Eve whom He knew would sin, create Bob and Mary that would not? (Bob and Mary is a metaphor - so don't think it some strange doctrine).
Why would God create creatures that would require that He give His Only Begotten Son to come to this earth and suffer greatly and die at the hands of wicked men in order to save our sorry rear-ends? Why not just save Himself from the grief and create people who would not be so obstinate, arrogant, haughty and sinful—fueled by another being He created called Satan? Why create such a mess as this? He didn't have to you know, but He did, and He did it for a REASON!

Next: The Creator Has A Master Plan (Part III, can be found at the title link)