It's obvious Satan is the first "theos" in 2 Cor. 4:4. The historicist can't think of anyone it would be but is adamant it is not Satan because if it was it would ruin their entire theology. All Bible versions that I know of put in a small "g" for this theos.

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" (2 Cor. 4:4).

How can the prince of the power of the air be in the pit? The pit is below, the air is above. Satan is in the pit during the millennial kingdom. So the millennial kingdom is not happening yet, not till Jesus returns. Very simple to understand.

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" (Eph. 2:2).

You know what I find interesting is how the historicist can't see this is Satan in each of these verses the same god of this world. Who else can it be but Satan? I think they worship Satan since they don't acknowledge these verses are clearly about him.

"Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out" (John 12:31).

"We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one" (1 John 5:19).

So all historicisms -- amillennial, postmillennial and preterism -- are heresies. They are waiting for the wrong Jesus even worshiping a false Christ now. What can God do but send them to Hell if they don't repent and receive Christ!

James White can't distinguish God from Satan in 2 Cor. 4.4 he admits,